Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finished!!

I finished my Pillowcase Dress for the Dress a Girl Around the World Sew Along. I have to say, Vanessa over at Little Big Girl Studio did an awesome job with her tutorial. It had clear and easy to follow instructions along with pictures. As an added bonus...I will no longer cringe when I need to use bias tape. The way she explained it made it so simple! My bias tape came out looking perfect! Woo hoo!

If you are making a dress, you have until next Wed. to add a picture to the Flickr pool to be included in the prize drawings. Click here for more information. That gives you plenty of time, as this dress may take you about an hour or so to do! I must admit...I am hooked on making this dress! I want to make more! The fabric combos are endless, and you can add anything you want to them...ruffles, ric rac, appliques...you name it! I like how mine turned out, it looks perfect for Spring! I had a great time making it, and I can't wait for a little girl to wear it!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad the tutorial worked out for you and I think your dress turned out super cute :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress turned out so cute! This is the dress I attempted to make for Lily for her shower and I made a total disaster out of it (took me much longer than an hour . . . darn bias tape!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you should try again! The tutorial was really helpful in explaining the bias tape. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...